We are currently only able to hire in North America. Please, no recruiters at this time.
Clockwise is one of the largest producers of custom apparel in North America, printing, stitching, and shipping millions of garments for thousands of customers every year. Our web app is custom built, both to provide our customers with the best possible ordering experience, and to help our production team efficiently and consistently produce a top-tier product.
We’re in the midst of expanding our fulfillment operation, offering on-demand printing, storage, fulfillment, and shipping for our client’s e-commerce businesses. We need a mid-level developer to help us execute against a sizable backlog of feature requests from our customers. You’ll work closely with our production team to design, specify, and implement new features, as well as work to maintain and improve our existing web app. The ideal candidate is comfortable in a self-directed work environment, and can effectively communicate technical complexities and trade-offs.
- Laravel 8.x
- Vue 2.x
- Tailwind 2.x
- A growing amount of Livewire
- MySQL 5.8
- Proficiency with Laravel—and with PHP more broadly
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of object-oriented programming
- Experience in writing feature/integration tests with PHPUnit or Pest
- Attention to detail: please include the name of a cat in your application
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of version control
- An interest in e-commerce best practices, and in using software to sell physical products.
- An interest—or desire to learn—about 3PL, and how best to support it with software.
- Familiarity with Sketch, Figma, or other design tools
- Familiarity with the basics of Ubuntu server administration
- Pay starting at $70–80,000/year
- Medical Benefits available after 90 days
- 401(k) Match available after 1 year
- Flexible schedule, though we ask you be within a US timezone
- Paid Holidays
We are a small team, but we will do our best to adhere to the following schedule:
- Sept. 24–Oct. 6: Application open (though we’ll review submissions on a rolling basis, so don’t delay!)
- Oct. 8: You’ll hear whether we’d like to continue the conversation. If invited, we’ll schedule a quick, 30-minute discussion with members of our technical team. The conversation will stay light, and is designed for us to get to know each other, and make sure there aren’t any obvious dealbreakers.
- Oct. 11–15: We’ll send select applications a small coding project. We want to be respectful of your time, and anticipate this project should take no more than an hour or two to complete.
- Oct. 18: We’ll ask finalists to sit for one more round of interviews with members of our leadership team. This interview will dig into your work history, problem solving strategies, and some technical detail.
- Oct. 22: We’ll conduct reference checks, and extend a final offer.
- First week of November: Ideally, your start date will fall sometime in the first week of November.
If you have any questions before you apply, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.